Writing Gives Me Wings

I'm sitting here at my desk trying to think of something to write about.  I could just skip the blog post this week and go to bed.  Or work on my novel-in-progress.  But that would be a cop-out.  The best remedy for writer's block (I'd rather call it a lack of ideas) is to keep writing.  Or so I've heard.  And read.  

Just start typing and the words will come, they say.  Apply the seat of your pants to the seat of the chair, they say.  Be a professional, they say.  Write something, anything, they say.  The words will come, they say.

Of course I want to be a professional.  Isn't that the opposite of amateur?  Or wannabe?  I'm a writer, dang it.  So here I sit.  Maybe I'll come up with something and maybe someone will read it.  Maybe someone will like it even.


Stella the Boston terrier

I have a sidekick who stays here in my office with me while I write.  It's late right now and she has given up whining at me to go to bed, so she's curled up on her gray and pink plaid dog bed (thanks, Muttnation by Miranda Lambert!).  She hardly ever leaves my side, and when I'm watching my grandkids with my mother next door, she stands at the fence and stares at me until she is forced to go inside because of the heat. 


 
Stella at the window

This photo was taken this morning as I wrote in my prayer journal.  Notice she has her favorite ball on the windowsill as she looks for squirrels, birds, and rabbits.  It's her favorite perch.  

See?  I've written a whole blog post without really having an idea.  It's possible to write even without a good idea.  Now to see if anyone will read it.  If you're a writer, happy writing.  If you're a reader, thank you!

Have a blessed week.
XOXO


Labels: , , , , , , , ,