Don't drink Corona beer!

https://www.mashed.com/186144/is-the-coronavirus-really-connected-to-corona-beer/
Source

I was in the grocery store a couple of days ago, looking for a loaf of bread and maybe some toilet paper, but I had no success.  A guy asked me if I was looking for bread. When I replied yes, he said, "Good luck.  Have you been drinking that Corona beer?"

I told him no, but I might need one after this trip to the store.  He proceeded to comment on the current state of affairs as I agreed and moved on.  I grabbed the last two packages of dinner rolls, figuring I could make sliders instead.  

There is a rumor that Corona beer sales have dropped because people believe it spreads the coronavirus.  According to surveys cited by CNN.com, many won't buy Corona beer because of the virus.  It must be those people who started the toilet paper hoarding phenomenon.

All I know is I'm glad I bought tp before we actually needed it, and that we have a couple of weeks worth of food in the freezer.  I just hope my supply outlives the bare shelves at my local grocery stores.  For once I'm glad I qualify for the early bird senior shopping times.  For my next grocery buying trip, I may need to get there when the doors open.  

Whether it's another two weeks or another two months or another two years, we have got to support each other, people.  We must stop the hoarding and think of others who also need the things we are cramming in our shopping carts.  

Social media and the mainstream media feed our fears of catching the disease and running out of supplies, never mentioning the 22,000 people who have already died from the flu this season.  Not to downplay the seriousness of Covid-19 infection, but the flu hasn't caused the hysteria the media has caused by its reporting of the coronavirus.  

My take on this?  Take a deep breath, pray, and trust God to work this situation out for good.  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)  If you don't know whether or not you are one of "the called," send me a message either below or through my website www.aprilnunncoker.com and I will explain.

We are not to fear but to trust.  "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (II Timothy 1:7)  "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You." (Psalms 56:3)

Use the time stuck at home to read the Bible, bond with your family, clean and repair stuff you never have time to, and be thankful, "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 5:20)

Okay, sermon over.  I hope I have brought you a bit of encouragement.  Now where is that Corona beer?  Just kidding.

XOXO


Labels: , , , , , ,