My Connection to Patrick Mahomes

I'm sure almost everyone who has been following the Kansas City Chiefs football team would like to say they have a connection to Patrick Mahomes, NFL's best quarterback ever, according to some.  I really do, though.  I taught in the same schools his father Pat attended. 

After my son was born in 1984 I did substitute teaching part-time so I could be home with him more.  I did a long-term subbing job for an 8th grade English teacher and Pat was in that class. I didn't really develop any relationships with my students back then since I thought I had to be very strict to maintain classroom discipline.  A couple of years later I resumed teaching in the high school where Pat excelled at sports.

A little while later I taught 11th grade English and Pat's sister and Patrick's aunt Tinesha was one of my students. She was excellent at basketball, volleyball, and track as I recall.  

So there you have it.  It's not much, but enough for me to be rooting for my "grand-student" Patrick Mahomes II as he leads his team in the 2020 Super Bowl.  I'd never even been much of a football fan until he started playing for the Chiefs.  I missed his rookie year and his years at Texas Tech but I heard about him often on the local news. I hope he wins.


Source

Go Chiefs!

XOXO


Labels: , , ,