I Don't Make New Year's Resolutions Any More

Yep, you read that right. I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I break them, so it's a waste of time.  I used to write down five to ten resolutions on fresh new journal paper, and by the end of the month, I had broken most if not all of them.  Resolutions, after all, are supposed to begin with the words, "Be it resolved. . ."  Pretty serious words, right?

However, being a new year and all, I feel like I need to make some effort to make some positive changes.  So. . .I've made a list I'll call my New Year's Efforts.  And here they are:

1.  Attend church more regularly.

2.  Eat more healthfully in smaller amounts and less often.

3.  Move more.

4.  Spend less.

5.  Write more.

6.  Love more.

7. Complain less.

8.  Be content with what I have.

9.  Make do whenever possible.

10.  Practice gratitude more.

There you have it--my New Year's Efforts.  What about you?  How is your 2020 going?  

XOXO


Source






Labels: , ,