Christmas Glamping, Scotsman Style

Earlier this month I had the opportunity to camp during Tyler State Park's Pineywoods Christmas in the Park event.  Since I started camping with my little Scotsman trailer, I have wanted to camp at Tyler State Park, which is less than an hour's drive from my home.  Tyler State Park holds many memories for me since it was a frequent destination for my parents and us kids.  I remember visiting the park as a kid after the lake's dam broke and seeing that vast hole where the water used to be.  I also have some fun memories visiting the lake with my friends as a teenager.  It was good to see the park and the improvements that have been made since I last visited. 

Campers who agreed to decorate their sites were allowed to camp three nights free of charge.  What a great deal, and I had a nice shady spot near the restrooms and showers.  I thoroughly enjoyed decorating my trailer and site, visiting with fellow campers, and greeting the visitors who drove through the park in the evenings to see the lights and decorations.  
Image may contain: tree and outdoor

Image may contain: people sitting, table and outdoor

Image may contain: people sitting

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky, house, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, hat and closeup

Stay tuned for photos of the inside.  The weather was perfect for a Christmas camp out.  

XOXO


Labels: , , ,