Ten Reasons I Go Glamping

Me in costume.

I love camping like a girl, glamour-camping, or glamping as it is known these days.  This kind of camping doesn't require a camp stove, campfire, or sleeping bags.  It doesn't even require cooking or any kind of "roughing it."  It's camping for girls, and I love it.  Why would a woman who likes being clean, who doesn't tolerate the heat, and loves evenings in her favorite chair want to leave all that behind, get dirty and sweaty hooking up a trailer, pulling it, possibly having to back it, and then unhooking it and setting up all the décor and power and water at a campsite?  I'll tell you why!

For me, glamping means:

1.   Time away from family, job, home, and even church responsibilities.
Friends and me out shopping.

2.   New friends at every event.

3.  Getting to dress up in costume.

4.  Getting to decorate my camper like a playhouse.

5.  Me time.

6.  A sense of independence from pulling a trailer on my own.

7.  A sense of accomplishment from pulling, backing, and parking a trailer.

8.  The camaraderie of a wonderful group of women from all walks of life.

9.  Visiting new places, especially small towns.

10. Laughing and having fun.

Of course, you don't have to go glamping to experience all this. You could just grab your group of friends and go somewhere together.  But there's something about sitting outside at a campground, sometimes around a fire, sharing stories and jokes and confidences with women who appreciate you for who you are at that moment without knowing all your history and baggage.  There are no expectations and no preconceived notions, just living in the moment.  That's my favorite part of glamping.  And when I'm tired, or just want to be alone, all I have to do is go for a walk or duck inside my camper.  No one judges, and I can get lost in my own little world, my own little vintage camper.

My sweet camper, Miss Millie, all decked out.

Mandatory stop at Buc'ee's


How about you?  How do you get your me time?

XOXO

Labels: , ,