Coco: World Traveler and Grandma Extraordinaire

One of the many beautiful beaches in Costa Rica

Can it be three months since my last post?  If you're following my attempts at blogging, I apologize.  Life just gets in the way sometimes, and sometimes in a glorious fashion!


See the source image
Image from fanpop.com

November found me most days at the little shop where I work part-time.  We got busy with Christmas gift wrapping earlier than usual this year, which required some schedule rearranging so I could be at work. It seemed that with Thanksgiving being a little early, our customers started their shopping earlier, and called upon us to wrap their treasures.  We're not complaining, though.  We were very busy until Christmas Eve.

I got a break in the wrapping frenzy, though.  My son and his wife invited me to come along with them on vacation to help with my two-year-old grandson.  Destination?  Costa Rica!

See the source image
Image from levinhart.wikispaces.com


One last chance to use my passport before it expired, and what a lovely way to do it!  We enjoyed a tropical paradise while everyone here had to dig out their heavy winter coats.  The Pacific Ocean was absolutely beautiful, the howler monkeys and iguanas fascinating, and the bonding time with my grandson priceless.  


Me and grandson just before a wave hit him and made him scared of the beach the rest of the trip!



Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, so after ten days we returned to our daily lives, and me to the wrapping frenzy.  I'll never forget my time with my son and his family, and I'll forever treasure the moments my grandson and I shared.

I can't believe I'm here!


"Tell me about the trains in the shower, Coco," he says when we lay down for his nap.  Then I tell him the special bedtime story I made up just for him. "Nighty night, sleep tight!"

XOXO

Labels: , ,