You Know I'm All About That Baby. . .

Do you know that Grammy winning song by Meghan Traynor, "All About That Bass?"

Image from here

I thought I would revise the lyrics a bit in honor of my new grandson Kipson, who is already six weeks old!

Only one month old in this photo!

"Because you know I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble--
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble.
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble,
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby.

Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no old lady,
But I can rock him, rock him like I'm supposed to do,
'Cause I got that bosom that all the babies love,
All the right junk in all the right places.
I see other women my age obsessed with working out,
We know they're not real,
Come on now, make it stop..
If you got babies, granny, just raise 'em up,
'Cause every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top.

Two weeks old.

Yeah, my friends they told me that being a grandma is the best in the world,
They said you'll never believe what that baby will do to your heart,
You know I won't be no rich, skinny, famous, or flawless grandma,
But I'll love him to the end of the world and with all of my heart!

Because you know I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble,
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble,
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby, no trouble,
I'm all about that baby, 'bout that baby.

I'm bringin' grandma love,
Go ahead and tell your mommy and daddy hey,
Now I'll be playin' with you and all your toys,
I'm here to tell ya every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top.

St. Patrick's Day, five weeks.

Yeah, my friends they told me that being a granny is the best thing in the world,
You know I can't wait to be with the offspring of my own child.
You know I don't live too far away to visit any time at all,
So you just tell Mommy and Daddy you want to see your grandma!



Because you know I'm all about grandbaby, grandbaby, no trouble,
I'm all about grandbaby, grandbaby, no trouble,
I'm all about grandbaby, no trouble,
I'm all about grandbaby, grandbaby. . ."

(Repeat)

My apologies to Meghan Traynor and everyone else involved, but I couldn't resist.
Now if I could only get my hands on that sweet grandson of mine again SOON!

XOXO




Labels: , , ,