A girl's just gotta get away. . .

Last week I ran away.
Not literally.
I loaded up Li'l Scampin' Annie (my vintage Scamp travel trailer) and headed east.
My destination was only 40 miles away but it could have been 400, as far away from my
day-to-day life as it seemed.

Annie in the snow a week before I left.  Hubby surprised me by giving her a good bath before my trip.

I was embarking on my first Get'away Gals camping trip!  The Get'away Gals is a ladies only camping group that branched off from Sisters on the Fly.  You may have heard of them.  The GG's, as we call them, include ladies from Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma and limit their group to 500 members.

I was lucky enough to be accepted into their membership last August, but this would be my first camping trip with them.  I couldn't have been more excited.


My "homestead" at the campground.

It was no small preparation!  For weeks I made lists and more lists in an effort to make sure I didn't forget a thing.  Departure day finally arrived.

Most of us double-parked so more ladies could attend.  I shared my spot with a cute vintage Shasta trailer.

Being the newbie camper that I am, I asked Hubby to follow me to the campground to make sure I set up correctly.  As it turned out, I backed the trailer in just fine and was able to unhook her and set her up all by myself.  At least my mother felt better about me going.  She didn't want me traveling by myself.  I guess you never stop being mothered by your mother, if you're lucky enough to still have her around.

Welcome to my crib!

The fun was soon to begin.
Stay tuned for details!

XOXO

Labels: , , ,