Getting the Booth Ready for Valentine Shoppers

That title sounds a little presumptious, as if people are going to be flocking to Mary Lillian Vintage's booth in Uniques & Antiques in Mineola, Texas to do their shopping for Valentine's Day!
Well, you never know.

So I brought in a few things just in case.



I made this rag garland with touches of pink just for Valentine's Day.  It was gone in a day or two, so I have to get busy making more!




Here is a chalkboard painted silverplate tray on an easel along with a framed vintage Valentine matted with a red paper heart and an old Bingo card.  I added a bit of bling (an old brooch) to the top of the tray with some E6000.


I purchased a number of vintage pink Christmas ball ornaments at Canton First Monday on clearance after Christmas, so I thought some would be pretty in this glass jar along with wine corks and some vintage Valentines.  I tied it with some twine and tulle and added an old embellished heart-shaped pendant.


Here is another vintage Valentine framed on a piece of an old doily with a burlap heart.
"Is this the party to whom I am speaking?"


I bought this old wooden bar chair at a thrift shop for only $3.00 and decided to paint it pale pink with some leftover paint I had.  I distressed it a bit and added a cushion that I cut out of a piece of old sofa foam and then covered with a shabby pillowcase.  No sewing involved!


Another view.  That piece of foam for the cushion was a bit irregular!


A garage sale Build-a-Bear teddy with an Ebay dress and a clearance bow sits on the stool with an old February issue of Mary Engelbreit magazine.


I made these two tiles out of stone tiles from Home Depot, some scrapbooking bits, pieces from old jewelry, burlap, and vintage photos.  Some Mod Podge, spray sealer, and a tiny easel makes them special!



Vintage wedding cake toppers always speak of love, very appropriate for Valentine's Day.
I usually have at least one for sale in the booth.  I can't pass them up when I see them in thrift stores!


And one final framed Valentine in a vintage metal frame with burlap, doily, and red heart.  I added a pink ribbon for hanging.

Now I wait as these items fly out of our booth!  
A girl can dream, can't she?

Won't you be my sweetheart?

XOXO












Labels: , , ,