Perks of Being Sick

I felt just fine until Tuesday.  The weather was nice here on Monday so I spent some time outside playing in the Scamp, opening her door and airing her out, taking her window covers off so some sun could shine in.  I even set up a cute little vignette outside the door complete with a metal flamingo and a mini garden flag with flamingos on it.
All of this made me want to go Scamping!




Then I walked down our blacktop country road with my daughter and my mom to say hello to the two miniature donkeys on our neighbor's property.  It was a nice, warm day, though a bit breezy.

Image from here

Tuesday my throat became sore as sinus drainage irritated it, most likely caused by my outdoor venture the day before.  By Wednesday I had a full blown sore throat with cough and drippy nose.  But I was scheduled to work at the flag shop so I went.



After that very long day at work I picked up some over-the-counter cold remedies and hurried home to bed, where I have been ever since.  A post to my expert friends on Facebook confirms that I probably don't have the flu, and I tend to agree because I don't have the fever or body aches, just a nasty probably viral sinus yuck thing.

BUT.  There are perks to being sick.

Number 1:  No one asks you to do anything.  One of my sisters was going to ask me to go shopping with her but when she found out I was sick she changed her mind.

2:  You don't have to do housework or cook.  Who wants a drippy nose over clean dishes or food?

3:  You don't even have to get dressed.  I am starting to smell my own pajamas, but I have an excuse not to do anything about it.

4:  You can sit around and even lay around all day and you don't have to explain yourself.  What to-do list?

5:  You can eat ice cream or whatever you want just because it makes you feel better.

Disclaimer:  Before you young moms get mad at me, I realize that none of this is true when you have children at home.  You still have to take care of them, sick or not.  Just be patient.  Trust me, someday they will be raised and you can be the baby again.

As good as it sounds to be lazy, it's not fun being sick.  I'll be glad when this whatever-it-is runs its course.  After all, there is work to be done--thrifting, crafting, booth sprucing, even cooking and cleaning.

Stay well, my friends.

XOXO


Labels: , ,