Meaningless Drivel Monday: Random Labor Day Thoughts

It's a good day when all the socks in the laundry folding basket have mates.
Image from here
Wouldn't you agree?  Yes, I am folding laundry on Labor Day.  And the hubster is working.
And so is the son-in-law, so Daughter and I are home.  I fold laundry while she plays video games.  Nice, huh?  The good thing for her about being home is no housework, right?

So I am quietly folding laundry, pondering topics for today's blog post, and Daughter screams (hollers):  "Ack!  There's a red wasp!"  

Now, red wasps in our neck of the woods are the horror, with their angry aggressiveness and mean stings.  I still have a scar on my forehead where I was stung at the tender age of four!  That sucker chased me down.  CHASED ME DOWN.  Tha horrah!  

But I digress.  Aforementioned red wasp is indeed inside the glass door flitting around in a panic, able to see the great outdoors but unable to get there.

Image from here

Several options flash through my mind as Daughter says, "Again?  How are they getting in?"  She had to call her grandmother over from next door the other day to help kill one while we were gone.  Our doggie door gaps a bit, so I am sure the wasps are getting in that way.  Who wouldn't find a way inside where there is air conditioning?

In a flash I decide against the flyswatter and the bug spray.  I had to act quickly.  No time to fetch said weapons.  I pick up a nearby flip flop, open the glass door, and coax the beastly insect to freedom.  It all ends well.  No violence, no noxious fumes, everyone happy.

Next issue at hand:  convincing my three dogs that dinner is still over an hour away.  Stop staring at me with those sad eyes!  She'll give in. . .she always does. . .

"Feed me, Mommy!" say Whitey and Molly.


"Did you say 'time to eat'?" Maggie asks.

What are YOU doing today?

Image from here

XOXO


Labels: , , , , , ,