Saturday Ramblings: House and dog sitter extraordinaire

A couple of weeks ago my son asked me if I would be willing to stay at his house for a few days while he accompanied his wife to New York City on a business trip.  While I would have been a little more delighted to have been invited on the trip, I said, "Absolutely!"  

Even hubby/dad agreed.  I would stay at Matt's house, care for his yard and his dogs, and do a little shopping and sightseeing in Dallas.  It's only about an hour and a half from my home, but they have a beautiful new older home which would be almost like staying in a hotel!

It's just that I haven't been away from home in awhile.  Since I retired from teaching, I also retired from membership in two different professional teacher associations which sometimes required travel to Austin for conferences and business meetings.  I had even considered getting rid of my attache and travel-size toiletries!  Glad I didn't.

It turns out I hadn't forgotten how to make my packing list (yes, I'm one of THOSE) and pack my bags.  I loaded down with several back issues of magazines and newspapers I hadn't gotten around to reading, as well as my laptop, thinking I would finally really get going on my next novel.  (I've been here two days now and haven't gone there yet!)

Matt and Taylor were already on the way to NYC when I arrived at their home.  Their dogs--Brody the pug and Bailey the miniature schnauzer--were happy to see me and helped me get settled in.  They have been absolutely the best doggies ever (besides my own, of course!)!  

I have been pretty busy so far, but more about my thrifting adventures later. . .

Aren't they cute?  Bailey on the left with little Brody.
Those coleus in the back look much better now after watering!
 My car's thermometer read 106 today in Dallas!

XOXO

Labels: , , , , ,