Meaningless Drivel Monday: It was a Scamptastic kind of day!

Today was a beautiful day to work on my Scamp trailer and I had to share my progress!  Today I actually cut the carpet piece that will go in the living area.  I did it myself!

But first I have to show you what I did with this ugly hole where the furnace used to be.


I cleaned it out the best I could and tucked some stray wires out of the way before placing this cola crate inside.


I also had an old wine crate that I picked up at a thrift store and thought it might fit on top of the cola crate.


Would you look at that?  They both fit!  I will have to figure out a way to anchor them to the fiberglass.  They will make cute shelves with a yardstick barrier across them and a curtain to cover the space.

Now for the carpet.  I brought some contractor's paper out to the Scamp to make a template, but realized that all I needed to do was take measurements and then do the cutting in the house.  If I had a workshop space I would have done it there but the kitchen floor worked just fine.


This is the area I needed to cover.  Hubby had already done the "upstairs."


Yukky, huh?  That is glue residue from the old carpet.  It has a solid floor, though!


Step up to the "upstairs."  It's a two-story, two-bedroom trailer. . .just kidding.


Here's the part I laid down.


Yes, there are wrinkles and uneven places.  I am letting the carpet sit a couple of days in the heat so it will relax before I make the final cuts and glue it down.  And hubby didn't have to do it!

I couldn't resist dragging the cushions out of my storage building and putting the new cushion covers on a couple of them.  I've had them packed away for over two years!  I had to give myself and you a sneak preview.



Isn't that fabric cute?  And it looks so great with the wall color!  I am SO excited!  I can't wait to get it all finished and put together. 

I'm going to leave you with this picture.  Try to guess what I will be doing with this old metal tray.


Give up?  Stay tuned!
XOXO












Labels: , ,