Wedded Life Wednesday: BFF!

I have a pretty great best friend.  He allows me to stay home even though the budget is a little tight since I retired from teaching (thank goodness for the pension, although it's only a little more than half what I used to make).  He encourages me to pursue my dreams even though some were quite costly--namely getting my master's degree, remodeling and adding onto our home, buying copies of my books, setting up vendor spaces at the flea market, book festival, and antique mall.  The most costly dream of all was his, too--having children!  That was worth it, though.

Back in the day. . .1979!
  

I encourage him to pursue his dreams as well.  For example, he bought his first dirt bike right after we got married, which almost caused his mother to disown him!  He has been into motorcycles, vintage cars, horses, mules, dog breeding, and guns, all of which were costly.  One of his favorite dreams fulfilled was to ride a loop around the state of Colorado, which we did a few years ago.  I still can't believe I was able to ride behind him on his Honda Valkyrie for four solid days for 700 miles through sunshine, thunderstorms, and sleet.  What an adventure that was!

One of Colorado's tall passes in June of 2008!


  The give and take of dreaming and let dream has been one of the cornerstones of our marriage--that and faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.  I'd have to say that we are pretty good friends, and that is pretty important to a successful marriage.

Time to close this post now.  Gotta get those work clothes clean for my BFF (that's Best Friend Forever for the tech-challenged out there). . .

That's me and my bestie. . .

XOXO






Labels: , , , , , , , ,