Teacher Tuesday (on Wednesday): Why are teachers tired?

Yes, I know it's Wednesday, but yesterday I wrote about American ingenuity as a part of FOLK Magazine's 2013 Journal Challenge, so I'm a day behind.  I could have gone ahead and written about wedded life as I am supposed to on Wednesday, but what is a blog if it isn't done according to the wishes of the writer?  It is MY blog, after all, and this subject is just too important.

I read an article yesterday that was so fitting, so appropriate, so NOW about the teaching profession, that I just HAD to share.  You'll have to click on the link to go to the article, but if you are a teacher or know a teacher, or love a teacher, or are related to a teacher (which, face it, is just about everyone), you should take the time to read this.  I know that I am but one of millions of teachers across this nation, but even though most of my career was tucked into a few square miles in small-town East Texas, I believe this article speaks for all of us.  It at least speaks for the teachers I have known and spoken with.

Read it and weep.  Is there a solution?  Only if we stand up and DEMAND that change begins where it must, in the HOME.

Here it is, the most honest and well-written response I have seen to the failure of education to cure society's ills. . .

http://theeducatorsroom.com/2012/09/the-exhaustion-of-the-american-teacher/

Image from here

Is this a valid discourse on the life of the American teacher?  I would love to hear from other teachers.

XOXO





Labels: , , , ,