RANDOM FRIDAY: Booth Day!

The day broke clear and cool.  I got up early, dressed, and woke my night owl husband.  We heard my dad fire up his old Ford pickup that we would be borrowing to make the move to the antique mall.  He's so awesome that he drove it over to our carport and left the keys in it.  We live just next door, and--no worries--out in the country.  Thanks, Daddy!

Jimmy and I drove down to Dad's barn to retrieve some old doors we had used in my daughter's wedding, which would now be set up as temporary walls to border my booth.  Then we stopped at one of his storage buildings to get a framed piece of lattice I would use on the opposite wall.  We completed our load by piling in the stuff off the porch and out of our storage building.

He followed me in my packed SUV to the antique mall where my sister and niece met us with an old tin and wood shelf unit she let me borrow and hopefully sell.  They also stayed to lend their muscle!  (Many thanks, Sharon and Libbie!  And many thanks to my wonderful hubby for his muscle and patience and support!)

It only took us about an hour to get everything unloaded and the walls and furniture arranged.  I then spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon arranging everything in what I hope is an eye-pleasing, inviting mini-store that I will have trouble keeping stocked!  Here are the promised photos:


There's my sister's tin and wood shelf unit.  She used it in her kitchen before her remodel.   A steal at $65.00!  Come see!  She also gave me those little shelves that I painted.


A pile of old bicycle and motorcycle wheels in an old trunk beckon to browsers.  There are also gears and such for the steampunk fan.


A rag curtain hangs on two old doors that separate my booth from my neighbors'.  I take custom orders.  See my Etsy shop--A.C. Junk 'n' Stuff.  I also added a small Christmas tree that I will be decorating for the seasons.  Now it is a LOVE tree for Valentine's Day, topped with a wedding veil and hat.


Who is that hot middle-aged woman?  Oh!  It's me!  (just kidding, LOL)


Lots of the stuff from my daughter's wedding found its way into the booth.  All those signs are also offered on my Etsy shop.  That's my old wedding dress. . .was I really that teeny?  My mom handpainted the flowers on the back rungs of the yellow chair.

Great news!  I actually had my first sale today!  That little black desk with the typewriter sitting on it was my first booth sale!  Break out the bubbly!

I forgot to take pictures of the Valentine display in the pink suitcase.  I'll try to get to that soon. . .unless the items are all gone when I go back!  No complaints there!

Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO






Labels: , , , ,