AT HOME Monday: My most cherished memento

Today's prompt from FOLK Magazine's 2013 Journal Challenge states:  "What family memento do you cherish?  Why?"

That's a tough one.  I mean, I have TONS of cherished family mementos!  The word "memento" comes from the same root as "remember."  Dictionary.com lists this definition:  "an object or item that serves to remind one of a person, past event, etc.; keepsake; souvenir."  How does a mother pick just one?

I have spent much time and effort organizing photos into albums and now am in the process of scanning the albums into my computer so I can make digital copies for my children.  My external hard drive containing those photos would be my first priority if I had to grab something to save in case of emergency.  AFTER my hubby and doggies, of course.  Would that count as a memento?  

I will call it my photo collection, and yes, that definitely fits.  Why is my collection of family photos my most cherished possession?  Let me count the ways, as the poet says. . .(so fitting this close to Valentine's Day)


If I had more time I could probably think of a million more reasons why I cherish my photo collection.  What about you?

Early 90's. . .me with my kiddoes. . .

Thank you for this opportunity, Folk Magazine!


XOXO













Labels: , ,