RANDOM FRIDAY: American Pickers, East Texas Style!


What's going on here?  What are these people doing?  Welcome to our version of "American Pickers."  That is my dad and hubby picking their way through the piles of junk in the back of Dad's property.  This unique collection of old golf course equipment, home appliances, farm equipment, car, motorcycle, and bicycle parts, etc. began in 1975!  It's a picker's dream!

So today we picked.  If you have been reading this blog regularly, you know that I am opening a booth in a local antiques mall very soon!  (I can't wait!)  My dad generously offered me the opportunity to look through his junk to see if I could use anything.  And boy, could I ever!  It was more fun than an afternoon at Goodwill!  The weather was perfect and hubby helped!  It was actually his idea to go down to the junk pile today. . .he is looking for some steel to build a gun safe.

Daddy searching for forgotten treasure.  Some of it was almost buried!

Daddy finds some old golf tournament message poles he fashioned years ago from re-bar.

Hubby finds a heavy duty wrench I can put in my booth.

Hubby discovers more steel he could use in the gun safe.

We had the best time tromping through the weeds finding some great stuff to repurpose for the booth.  

An old golf ball washing basket, some golf hole baskets, and bicycle wheels.

Another golf ball washing basket and an old zoo fence gate.

Some motorcycle and bicycle wheels and an auto fan blade.

I have another month to keep looking before the weeds and insects begin their return to the area, making it impossible to navigate.  The last thing you want to do is stir up a bumblebee nest or get into poison oak while digging around in old junk!

XOXO






Labels: , , , , ,