Gotta Have Goals. . .

They say you are more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down and put them in a place where you will see them often.
I agree with that.  I started keeping a diary when I was about eleven years old, and so began writing my goals, even if I didn't realize it at the time.  (I wish I had kept my first few diaries. . .I destroyed them for fear of my deep, dark secrets being found out.  No one, I mean no one, needed to know anything about my boy crushes.)

Speaking of goals, what are some of mine?  Goals are typically divided into short-term and long-term, so here goes. . .

As for short-term:
Long-term:
The new year is a great time to define your goals for the coming year.  Isn't that what resolutions are?  Just goals that you plan to achieve?  Well, I have failed so many times at keeping my new year's resolutions that I didn't bother to make any this year.  That isn't to say that I don't have goals.  
I just finished a partial list above!  
The real test will be to return at the beginning of 2014 and see how many of my short-term goals I actually achieved, and how far I progressed in my long-term goals.

One more thing:  lots of people get discouraged when they don't meet the goals they set for themselves.  For me it is weight loss.  The key is to reset the goal and carry on.  Life, after all, is just one goal after another, some met, many not.  

In the words of Sir Winston Churchill:
"Success is walking from failure
to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
So I won't give up.  
"Never give up!" (Churchill, too)

XOXO

Labels: , , , , ,