TEACHER TUESDAY: Wedding on the brain. . .

Right now all I can think of is my daughter's upcoming wedding on Saturday.  I can't imagine how I would be handling the preparations and pressure if I was still teaching.  I wonder if I would have been able to take this week off.  There are so many last minute details I can't imagine how I would have been able to plan lessons or manage classes.  My former colleagues and students don't realize how thankful they should be that I am not there.  I don't think I would have been very pleasant to be around!

I've seen other teacher/mother of the brides continue to work before their daughters' weddings, though.  Lots of times!  I don't remember them acting any differently.  I wonder if they just have it together better than I do, whatever "it" is?  

None of that matters.  What matters is that I am blessed to be able to plan Natalie's wedding without the added stress of working outside the home right now.  We both have colds at the moment and are hoping that we feel much better by Saturday.  We did venture out of our respective nests this afternoon for a short consultation with the bakery, and then we visited our favorite junk store, Uniques and Antiques, for the most fabulous find!

Get ready. . .it's an extreme closeup!

Scary, huh?  But that brass hand with the pointing finger was an amazing find!  Amazing because I wanted to have pointing fingers on some of the wedding signs and this little item will enable me to do that!  You'll just have to wait for the photos. . .

In the meantime, be patient with teachers of children, children of any age.  If the children are preschoolers, mommy is stressed because of child care or illness.  If they are school-aged, mom is stressed because of other teachers, homework, bullying, sports events, etc.  If children are grown, mom is stressed because of college expenses, distance from home, relationships, wedding planning, divorce, grandchildren, etc., etc.  Let's face it:  being a parent is stressful, and when you are a teacher, you are dealing with other parents' problems as well as your own.  Give 'em a break!

XOXO


Labels: , , , , , , , ,