THRIFTY HUNTER THURSDAY: It's still bow season. . .

Going bow hunting at my sister's place in Indiana
. . .and I haven't killed a thing.  I haven't even SEEN a thing to shoot, except the coyote I saw last Saturday morning, but he was traveling so fast in pursuit of a squirrel I didn't have a chance to grab my bow.  It was still pretty cool to see, though. I mean, how many people can say that they have seen a coyote chase a squirrel?

At least the weather is finally getting cooler.  Jimmy has been going to the stand regardless of the temperature, but I cannot stand sitting in a tree stand sweating and swatting mosquitoes.  I am of the belief that deer don't move much when it is too warm and humid anyway.  At least holding to that is a good excuse to stay home when it is too hot.

A cold front blew in earlier this evening and the morning low is supposed to be a blustery 52 degrees, which means that it will be even cooler in the deep, dark woods.  Love it!  It will be perfect for my Mossy Oak pink-trimmed fleece hoodie, thick Mossy Oak socks, new pink camo fleece and fur hat, and my big Thermos of steaming coffee.  I worried about the deer or hogs smelling the coffee with its pumpkin spice creamer, but that coyote running past 20 yards from my stand while I was standing and stretching proves me wrong there.  Coyotes are probably better sniffers than deer or hogs.

This last weekend of archery season might be my last chance to get a deer with my bow and earn the title of REAL bow hunter.  If I don't, I don't, but I would love to be able to add that one to my list of credentials and skills.  Don't you think it would look good up there on LinkedIn with my master's degree in educational administration?  M.Ed. Educational Administration, R.E.A.L. Bow Hunter.  I might have to have a plaque made. . .

Stay tuned!
XOXO


Labels: , , ,