CHEAP WEDDING WEDNESDAY! A bridal shower!

My sister Sharon was gracious enough to host a bridal shower for Natalie, my bride-to-be daughter, this past weekend.  Sharon  is thriftier than I ever could be, being a stay-at-home wife and mom to three children.  She is a bit creative as well, a trait her mother and sisters recently discovered as her kids have grown and she has more time to exhibit that side of herself.  I just have to show you what she came up with for the shower decorations and food.  I was so proud of her!

First, the table. . .


My sister made the banner out of scrapbook paper and stenciled letters and a Sharpie marker!  (I saved it for the wedding, along with lots of other things!)  There were two tiered plates of cupcakes, fresh grapes, two kinds of cheese, top hat brownies, and chocolate kisses, along with punch and coffee.  Here are some close-ups of the goodies. . . 


Sharon made all the cupcakes and wrapped the liners with pieces of scrapbook paper she cut to fit.  She made the top hat brownies by setting circular brownies on top of a round chocolate wafer cookies topped with icing.  She also printed Victorian love quotes on bits of scrapbook paper that she made little flags out of.


Don't you just love the variety of papers and the variety of icing styles?  I told you she was creative!  Now here is a photo of the bride-to-be with her proud mother. . .


Other creative touches included table centerpieces consisting of vintage bottles embellished and filled with bits of paper, beads, music, etc.  She also placed a candle with the bottles on burlap squares and topped each table with a vintage tablecloth.


To add interest, my sister also did quotes on pieces of black poster paper framed by heart cutouts which she pinned to the bulletin boards already in place in the church fellowship hall where the shower was held. . .


My mother sat behind Natalie to help her with the wrappings, and my niece (Sharon's daughter) Libbie handed Natalie the gifts one by one to unwrap.  





She had a ball opening her wedding gifts, and I believe everyone present enjoyed themselves.  A huge thank you goes out to my sister from both of us.  It was a lot of work, and I'm sure she will be calling on me someday when her own daughter finds the man of her dreams.  Not any time soon, though.  She's only 13!

XOXO











Labels: , , , , ,