THRIFTY HUNTER THURSDAY: Run, deer, run!

So yesterday I went out in the backyard and practiced shooting my bow.  Yes, without nudging from hubby, all on my own accord.  I shoot random arrows with field points at a Glendel buck target.  Granted, it doesn't move, but it provides a pretty good estimate of whether or not you can hit a target.  

This is how I did at 20 yards. . .


I think I would have gotten this buck if it had been real.  It may have taken awhile to track it, though.  Those arrows are random.  They are some old ones my hubby used to shoot.  He might break a tip and then he trims it down and gives it to me.  I save my pretty pink ones for the archery shop range.  I have some pink Ted Nugent Goldtip zebra arrows with Rage broadheads for the real hunt.

This is how I did at 30 yards. . .(please don't laugh)


At least I didn't miss the target completely!  I'm proud of those two clustered together.  They just needed to be a bit lower.  

By the way, how do you like our backyard archery range?  We can shoot as far as we want, 20, 30, 40 yards or beyond.  I just hope the cat stays out of the way. . .

Indiana, here we come!

xoxo





Labels: , , , ,