CHEAP WEDDING WEDNESDAY: DIY or DYI?

One way to keep wedding costs down is to do it yourself, or as it's known in the television world, DIY.  You try to create everything you can with what you already have without spending a fortune paying someone else to do it for you.  And since I am retired from teaching now, I figure I should have plenty of time to make and do things.

It helps if you have talent, but it is crucial that you have the confidence to believe that what you create is good enough for a wedding. That's the hard part.  I have pinned all kinds of ideas on Pinterest, but actually bringing them to fruition. . .well. . .

I'm getting there, though!  I saw a garland at a bridal show a few months ago, and I actually made one myself!  Not bad, if I do say so myself, and much better than the price tag of the one at the show.  And I paid practically nothing:  I had the twine, the $18 100 ft. burlap roll, the free tulle, and the 10 cent white cotton sheet.  



All it took was some patience and plenty of strips of tulle, burlap, and white fabric.  Oh, you also need some jute twine.  You don't even have to worry about measuring the pieces or cutting them straight.  It's an easy-peasy project!


You just tie the strips onto the twine.  I used two strips of cotton and tulle for every strip of burlap.

This little project measures about five feet in length, and I need to make two or three more.  It took me about three hours, but I should have it down faster now.  Maybe after the wedding I will have some in an online shop that I hope to build.  In the meantime, I will try not to let DIY become DYI (do yourself in).  

More cheap wedding tricks to come. . .

xoxo


Labels: , , , , , ,