AT HOME MONDAY: Remember that lantana?

Remember that day when I showed you how I (or my mother) planted a special lantana flowering plant in my backyard and bordered it with old bicycle rims?  My sister who now lives in Indiana sent it to me as a get well gift after my hysterectomy in May.  It started life in a plastic hanging basket and almost died before I was able to rescue it from my porch where the floral delivery van left it.


The Texas summer sun will scorch anything green if it isn't tended to pretty quickly, but thanks to my wonderful mother it was transplanted into a less severe environment in one corner of my backyard.  Here is how it looked the day we planted it.







And here is how it looks today after three months of 
braving the heat and three Boston terriers!




Look at the colors in those beautiful blossoms.  The grass and pink metal flamingo haven't faired as well. . .How are your outdoor plants doing right now?  

In Texas we call these days the "dog days of summer," but even the dogs hate it.  The weatherman says there is a cold front coming next weekend.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Tomorrow's high?  The forecast is 100 degrees, and Labor Day is supposed to be the unofficial end of summer!  No one told Mother Nature, I guess.  I'll just stay inside and take their word for it. . .

Stay cool!

xoxo







Labels: , , , , , , , ,