Power trip. . .or, trip to power?

RECAP:  My car broke down on the way to my last campout but I was able to get it fixed and I made it safely to the campground.  (see the post here)  I was set up and about to get ready for bed when the power went out.  I had to wait until the next morning to call an RV service man to come to the campground and look at my trailer. (see that post here)



I woke the next morning to birds chirping in the trees. I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep but at least there had been a cool breeze and I was locked safely inside my camper.  I dragged myself to the clubhouse, still wearing clothes from the day before, and looking rough.  I didn't care.  I had to have a cup of coffee before I could face anything else.

Twinkies:  me and Marsha, same pj's, same coffee mug!


After a couple of cups of coffee and chatting with sympathetic GGs (Getaway Gals), I went to the office to get the phone number of the RV repair service.  Jacob returned my call immediately but I had to wait until mid afternoon for him to arrive.  He worked on my trailer until dark, unable to repair a ground wire that was somehow touching something and kicking off the breaker.  The only solution he was ever able to give was to disconnect the ground wire.  He assured me that it was safe, and $225 later, was on his way.  I was just happy I had electricity in my trailer.

Hanging out with the girls.  That's the repairman's black truck and my SUV and trailer in the background!


I called my son-in-law, who has electrical experience, and he was able to give me some reassurance, so I was able to enjoy the evening and the rest of the weekend.  And what a weekend it was!
What fun could some silly middle-aged (and some younger and some older) women really have?
Mardi Gras, baby!  We celebrated!

Arriving at the Mardi Gras celebration.


Stay tuned!


XOXO

Labels: , ,