Please forgive me, Neil. . .


When I was working full-time, it always seemed that getting up and going on Tuesday was much harder than it was on Monday.  Maybe it was because the adrenaline required to get everybody to school and me back to work had run out by Tuesday?  I don’t know.  What I do know is that tomorrow is the second day of school for many people, and if not, then this is still the first week of school.

Image from here
  

This adaptation of the 1975 Neil Sedaka hit, “Breaking Up is Hard to Do,” is dedicated to all the educators and students out there.  We won’t mention how old you may have to be to know the tune. 
Just Google it, okay?

“Waking up is hard to do.

Don’t take this bed away from me
And make me get up in misery.
If you do, then I’ll be blue.
‘Cause waking up is hard to do.

Remember when you said goodnight
And you tucked me in for the night?
Can’t think of all that I must do.
Waking up is hard to do.

I say that waking up is hard to do.
Now you know, you know that it’s true.
Don’t say my sleeping has to end.
Instead of waking up I wish that I was turning in again.

Image from here

I beg of you, don’t make me greet the day.
Can’t we come up with some other way?
Come on, baby, it’s not you.
Waking up is just hard to do!”

Hang in there, my back-to-school friends. . .only 35 weeks to go!  And my apologies to Neil. . .

XOXO




Labels: , ,