Comfy Sunday: A Boxin' and a Wrappin'

Wow.  My last blog post was before Thanksgiving!  And now we're on the home stretch to Christmas!  How did that happen so fast?  I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write so here goes. . .

Friday after Thanksgiving was a good time to go to First Monday Trades Day in Canton, while the rest of the world filled the malls in that black Friday frenzy.  No thanks.  I prefer open air shopping when the weather is perfect, there are plenty of vendors, and fewer shoppers than usual.  I stocked up on supplies for Christmas crafts.

Saturday after Thanksgiving I participated in a book fair with my friend and antique mall owner Melissa Walker, who has also written a book, a horror story titled "A Sense of Depravity."  It's available on Amazon and PublishAmerica.com.


We didn't actually sell a lot, but we enjoyed the time together and opportunity to meet local authors.

Then, BAM!  I started working full-time at Festival of Flags and Gift Wrapping in Tyler, wrapping packages for customers who bring their gifts to us.  At this time of year I like to call it Gift Wrapping Festival and Flags.  Cindi Hebert, the owner, does sell lots of decorative flags in addition to gift wrapping.

During the year we may wrap 20 to 30 gifts a day on a busy day, but at Christmas time, we wrap 60, 80, or even over 100 gifts, requiring Cindi to hire a couple of helpers, whom she refers to as her elves.  Tuesday was a particularly busy day, and the building is tiny.  This is what the floor looked like when we left for the evening.




Aren't they pretty?  No matter how many orders we get, they all leave the store just as beautiful as the first ones we wrap.  I'm sure I will be sharing more about this unique business I am fortunate to work for.
Stay tuned!

XOXO


Labels: , , ,