Wedded Life Wednesday: Getting ready for our first Scampin' trip!


Remember this gal?  Her name is Scampin' Annie and she has been a project for the past three years.  We acquired this 1978 Scamp in July of 2010 and have been slowly fixing her up.  I am happy to announce that she is finally ready for her maiden voyage!

We have reservations at a campground between Austin and Houston and will be towing her behind my Ford Escape this coming weekend! The campground is about 240 miles away.  It will be Friday the 13th, but I won't think about that.  I cannot wait!

The hubs has been so wonderful doing the little tasks that I cannot do or didn't even know needed to be done, such as installing working trailer lights, attaching the new license plate, greasing the wheel bearings (did I say that right?), and making sure the tires are good.  He even painted the wheels and polished the hubcaps!  (pics later)

This trip will actually be a trial run before my actual big Scamping trip to Texas Antiques Week in Round Top the first week of October.  Since it will just be me and my daughter and maybe my sister, he needs to be convinced that I can pass the trailer pulling, backing, and parking test.  Under his watchful eye, I will do all the hooking up, driving, pulling into parking lots, backing into the camping space, and unhooking.  I have to prove my mettle as a trailer hauler!  Wish me luck!

Actually, in spite of his and my mother's misgivings (she worries about EVERYTHING), I have every confidence that I can do this!  If all those cowgirls can pull those long horse trailers, surely I can haul a 13-foot camper!  We will see.  We. Will. See.

Stay tuned!

XOXO 


Labels: , , , , , ,