Wedded Life Wednesday: A Temporary Discombobulation

I've been feeling sad the past couple of days, attributing it to my teacher's soul feeling a bit left behind by the whole world going back to school.  Not that I really want to go to school myself, but there's a weird feeling of restlessness and purpose-less-ness after thirty years of the August frenzy of preparing classrooms, offices, lessons, and families for the resumption of school activities.

I even went so far as to do some job searching online last night, but nothing I saw in the postings appealed to me.  I could be a bank teller, but that would mean 9 to 5 and possibly Saturdays.  Nah. . .

Retail stores will soon be hiring seasonal help for the holidays but that would mean long hours on my feet dealing with the public.  Nah. . .

Food service?  Nah, double nah!
Child care?  Ha!  That's a triple nah!

In a funk, I watched three episodes of Grey's Anatomy last night, ignoring my dirty bathrooms and unclean floors.  That cheered me up.  Not.  I never realized that Grey's Anatomy was so sad!  But I'm hooked, and on the third season now.  Only six more to go to catch up. . .
Image from here

But back to my doldrums.  This morning I got up in a better mood, and I had a plan.  I got my husband off to work and I brought some more items to my booth at Uniques & Antiques.  I even sold one of my items while I was there!  Then I took my car to the Ford dealership and got the trailer hitch electrical connection fixed so we can tow the Scamp next month.

And I thought again about yesterday's discombobulation.  I do have purpose.  I realized this when I waved goodbye to my husband as he drove off to work this afternoon.  For most of our adult lives I have not been here to see him off to work in the afternoons.  I haven't been able to stay up to greet him at night when he comes in from work.  Now I can.  We keep weird hours, sleeping in every morning and staying up extremely late, but it's what he wants me to do, and now that I am retired, I have the freedom to do it.
Me with the love of my life!
My purpose for now, until God reveals something else, is to maintain a loving and comfortable home for my family.  And also to write this blog.  Who knows?  Someday it may "go viral" and earn enough money to pay off all our debts.  Until then, I will do what the apostle Paul did and choose contentment.  

Philippians 4:11

King James Version (KJV)
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.  

XOXO

Labels: , , , , , , , ,