Wait for it Wednesday: Fall Fashion Preview!

Ever since I was a preteen I have loved looking at models in fashion magazines.  In sixth grade I fell in love with the Partridge Family and David Cassidy, of course, but when I found out that Susan Dey, who played the older sister on the show, was also a model, I saved up my small allowance and bought a Seventeen magazine with her photo on the cover.  I even noticed the ads in Archies comic books for models and wished I could have flown to New York to try my luck. I was small for my age, and when I stopped growing at 5'2" I realized that my dream of becoming a model would probably never happen.

Image from here  Keith Partridge was my first real crush!
Image from here  Susan Dey, aka Laurie Partridge, on the cover.

So my love of science and literature and writing took over.  However, one thing remains--my giddy anticipation of the fall fashion magazines.  Not that I could ever afford most of the clothing pictured, but I could see how outfits were put together, color schemes, types of shoes and bags, etc., etc.  It just made the dog days of August a bit more bearable as I dreamed of cooler weather with clothes that covered more of my fair white skin!

Image from here This is the 2011 fall fashion cover.
Today the giddy returned.  Decades later, I still felt the same excitement when the Fall Fashion issues of InStyle and Marie Claire arrived in the mail.  I couldn't wait to plop down and pour over the photos of fashion trends and outfits.  Such a treat to find out that short boots are all the rage, and that feathers, fur, and fringe are what to wear this upcoming fall season. 

Look of the Day photo | Mossimo
Image from here  This would look so cute with a jacket, tights, and short boots!
Look of the Day photo | Channel Your Inner Biker
Image from here  Love that fringe and leather look!
We're Obsessed
Image from here   The heel is a bit too high for my feet, but I love that pattern!

I could do like everyone else and hit the malls, but oh no, I accept the far greater challenge of finding outfit pieces at thrift stores.  What a triumph it will be when I put together an outfit worthy of the pages of InStyle on a fraction of the cost others will pay.  And maybe I will post photos on here!  Stay tuned. . .

XOXO

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,