Meaningless Drivel Monday: How My Brother-in-Law and I Got Hitched Without Knowing It

Huh-what?  Yep, I married my brother-in-law without even knowing t, and he didn't know it, either.  It had to be the easiest and cheapest wedding ever, because there was no wedding at all, no dress, no attendants, no church, no cake, no preacher.  It just happened!

Seven years ago, actually.  We joke about it now, but the reason behind it was no joke at all.  You see, my baby sister had been involved in a tragic crash with an 18-wheeler that killed her husband and two children.  It happened in North Dakota, just before they reached their destination of Whitetail, Montana, where her husband was going to be a ranch hand.  A freak snowstorm changed her life forever and our family dynamic for good.

She was stuck in the hospital in North Dakota and somebody needed to bring her home, so it was decided that Rex and I would go.  My children were older and if something happened to us, each family would still have one parent left.  Morbid thinking, but reality.

The local newspaper reported the story, saying that Rex Peel and his wife April traveled north to get my sister.  So we became spouses; hence, W2 and H2.

With no benefits, mind you.  I doubt if there is a husband alive who would admit that two wives are better than one, and I know for a fact that one husband is all I need.  I wonder if the husband on "Sister Wives" would agree?  Anyway, we brought Brenda safely home.  It has been a long road, but we are all beginning to adjust to the new normal for our family.

If you are a praying person, please pray for my baby sister Brenda.  She will always feel her loss.  One day they will be reunited.  
What a glorious day that will be.

XOXO

From left:  Paul, Jesse, Millie, and my sister Brenda

Labels: , , , , ,