Free and Easy Friday: Road Trip!

"So I'll grab the wheel and I'll point it west, pack the good, and leave the rest, and drive until I find the missing beat.
You said I wouldn't get too far on a tank of gas and an empty heart,
but I've got everything I'll ever need.
I've got this old guitar and a brand new set of strings."
Lyrics from one of my favorite songs by my former student Miranda Lambert.
Image from here

I didn't have an empty heart or an old guitar with new strings, but I had an opportunity to make the one hour trek to the nearest Snuffer's restaurant and Bass Pro Shop today with the hubster and that is exactly what I did.  Even with the afternoon temperature reaching 104, we had a cool time together.
Image from here

That's about all you can do in Texas in August when the temperatures hit the century mark.  Hit the roads with the a/c cranked and the music blaring.  It doesn't matter much where you wind up as long as you wind up together.  A full stomach and making plans for the upcoming hunting season don't hurt either.  Bass Pro has all the goodies to get one in a hunting mood, plus they have those wonderful cinnamon-roasted pecans, although after a Snuffer's burger and cheese fries, I have to save the pecans for another day!

Before we started home, we had to follow our son's suggestion and make a pit stop at Steak 'n Shake for a milkshake.  His wife, after all, is a Steak 'n' Shake executive.  Gotta support the babies and ignore the calories!  And it was worth it!  Yummy!

Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody!  Be safe!

XOXO

"Free and easy down the road I go," Dierks Bentley



Labels: , , , , ,