TEACHER TUESDAY: Spring Break!



'Nough said!  Spring break is the vacation probably the most anticipated by teachers.  Some may disagree, saying Christmas break, or as it is has been renamed for the sake of political correctness--Winter Break--is their favorite, but I stand by Spring Break.  It may be a few days shorter but there is no pressure to bake, buy gifts, and drive all over Creation to see all the relatives.

Unless, of course, Spring Break includes Easter.  Then there's the cooking, the Easter clothes buying, the Easter basket assembling, and the relatives all over again.  Hopefully your Spring Break is separate from the much shorter Easter holiday.

Anyway, I always enjoyed Spring Break as a time to separate from my students who were beginning to drive me bananas.  The break always comes at a good time, just in time to keep students and teachers from driving each other completely crazy.  This year it will give everyone a good breather before the testing begins.  Testing.  That's a whole 'nother blog post there.  Don't get me started.

Typical teacher leaving the building on dismissal day. . .

Let me just close today's post by wishing all my friends and former colleagues and students a very happy and restful Spring Break.  The roads are less congested without the school traffic.  I can't say the same for my internet service, though.

So--enjoy, rest, get some fun, some sun, and go back to school ready to test!  My heart goes out to all of you. 

XOXO





Labels: , , ,