THRIFTY HUNT THURSDAY: Tomorrow's the day!

My front porch tonight!

My Escape ready to escape!

Don't you love my giraffe print throw protecting the back of the folded down seat?

What is all this junk, you ask?  It's just a fraction of the stuff that hubby and I will be hauling in my car and in my dad's truck to my rented space at Uniques & Antiques in Mineola, Texas tomorrow!  Yes, tomorrow is the day I have been looking forward to for like, 28 years!

That is almost as long as I taught school!  I have to be honest, though.  I hadn't made it a real goal until it became a possibility a few months ago when I retired.  It's just that when the junkin' bug hit my parents years ago when my now 28-year-old son was a baby, we would tag along with them to antique and junk shops where I would imagine what it would be like to be in that business.

So now I get to find out.  I may find out that junk dealing and repurposing will be my second career, or I may find out that it won't be financially feasible.  Either way, I will have fun.  Whether it will be for a couple of months or longer is in God's hands.  I'm just grateful for this opportunity.

If you happen to come to Mineola, visit the antique mall called Uniques & Antiques on Line Street near the railroad tracks just off Hwy. 80.  I am vendor #03, A.C. Junk 'n' Stuff.  You can also find me on Etsy under the same name.  Photos of my decorated booth will be forthcoming.  Happy junkin'!

XOXO







Labels: , , , ,