White Christmas in Texas

The words "white Christmas" are not so rare for many folks, but when you add "in Texas" ears perk up.  That is, if you live anywhere in Texas but the Panhandle.  I have spent the last 53 Christmases in Texas and I believe today was the first one that was truly a white Christmas!  I mean, we've had Christmases here in East Texas where there was ice or snow left on the ground from a previous storm, but never a new snowstorm on Christmas Day.  So today wasn't just a regular old Christmas, which is magical in itself, it was extra magical, because we had a white Christmas!  A real one!

Here's proof:

My mom's rosemary bush with a dusting of the white stuff. . .


An evening scene from my flower bed. . .my nativity flag gave it up. . .


My front porch has never seen a coating of snow!

It was only about an inch of accumulation, but for us Texans who had been turning on the air conditioning until a couple of days ago, it was a Christmas miracle!  

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too.  May the God Who sent His only Son to take away the sins of His people bless you and keep you.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6   

Blessings!  
XOXO






Labels: , , ,