Happy Christmas Eve!


My business owner friend Cindi gave me a parting gift.  Almost too pretty to unwrap!  Her elves (I was one) wrapped and she made the bows.   During the Christmas season people have to bring their gifts in early or get turned away from Festival of Flags & Gift Wrapping!  Her tiny shop filled up fast with orders every morning!
If it seems like I dropped off the face of the earth for a few weeks. . .well, I did--at least the blog world earth!  I took a part-time job wrapping gifts for a friend and her gift wrapping business, and after a seven or eight-hour day lifting, measuring, folding, cutting, taping, and making phone calls. . .well, let's just say I wasn't in the blogging mood when I got home in the evening.  But I am a cracker jack gift wrapper now!  : )

My temp job is over now so I am back in the blogging saddle.  I just wanted to wish you and yours a happy Christmas Eve, and a very Merry Christmas with those you love.

Here are a few photos from my home. . .

Ready for the festivities. . .




One of my many Santa mugs watches over the presents. . .


A vintage felt fawn perches on my antique typewriter under the tree. . .











Remember the REASON for the season!

Image from here

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'" 
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059026/quotes)


Blessings. . .

XOXO









Labels: , , , , , ,