AT HOME MONDAY: Tree time

I stuck with my own tradition and put my Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Did you happen to notice that Thanksgiving was a week earlier this year?  We have a whole week to go before the first of December, which also gives us an extra week of shopping, baking, creating, etc.!

I decided to go with a whiter theme this year, and since I had all that wedding decor still lying around the house, I thought:  why not use that?  So here is my creation.


Yes, it is a small tabletop tree, but it is bigger than the one I used the past few years.  It is actually a five-foot tree I found at Walmart!  Crazy how a lot of "stuff" can fill in a cheap and dinky tree, huh?

We switched to a tabletop tree the year we got our bulldog puppy Dozer.  He would have destroyed a floor model, along with all the presents.  Sadly, he is no longer with us, but poor old Whitey, our 11-year-old Boston, is getting forgetful about where to use the bathroom and he would probably be "anointing" gifts if they were on the floor.

I don't have any wrapped gifts yet (my life has been consumed by wedding!) so I added my vintage typewriter, some ancient books, vintage Santa mugs, and a ceramic Boston terrier who is very obedient.

A letter to Santa would have been nice, but I like the childhood photos of my children even better!

There is my most well-behaved Boston hiding in the tree!

I pulled a few neutral and white ornaments out of the Christmas ornaments box and added silk flowers, ribbon, and tulle left over from the wedding.  Then I topped it all with some twigs from our land and an ostrich feather.  I think the effect is rather magical, don't you? 

XOXO




Labels: , , , , , ,