AT HOME MONDAY: It figures. . .

. . .that I would come down with a cold the week before Natalie's wedding.  What's worse is that she has one as well.  She had hers first so I guess I caught it from her.  I would feel even more awful if I had given mine to her!  So she and I have been dragging around trying to get our work done and squeeze in a few naps as well.

Thank goodness I have most of the wedding preparations done.  There are still a few last minute things to do, of course, but at least I am not in a panic. . .yet.  Hubby took off work this week for the opening of deer season, thank goodness.  He helped me today by cutting some chicken wire and adding it to an old window frame and door.  He also mowed the wedding site and helped me decide exactly where the tent and chairs will go.  The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, and even if it is warm, the area will be shady at that time of day.

I also did some last minute spray painting and found some weathered boards to make some more signs.  I gathered a few twigs for some embellished jars as well.  Then I embellished her cake server and knife and a framed photo of the happy couple.

Tomorrow I will take her homemade cake topper to the bakery and make sure our requests are being met, and then I will do some junkin' while in Mineola.  There is a Goodwill store and a wonderful place called Uniques and Antiques.  Melissa is supposed to have gotten some new stuff in from a trip to Austin last weekend.

Well, here are some photos of hubby's man cave.  Yes, that is Jimmy in the doorway.  He has covered the backyard shed with old signs and made it uniquely his.  Once a sheriff's deputy stopped to ask where the old signs came from (have you heard of Canton?) and then once a mother asked permission to take photos of her daughter in front of the shed.  Maybe some photos of the bride and groom might be in order. . .

Yes, folks, this is the country!

See the tree growing out of the barrel to the left?  Country junk abounds!

I am hopeful I will be feeling better tomorrow.  I hope Natalie feels better as well, and I hope she doesn't give her cold to Bryan!  I will be praying that everyone is well and everything goes well.  Only five more days!

XOXO









Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,