THRIFTY HUNTER THURSDAY: Indiana hunting. . .

Anyone who read my post last week from Indiana knows that we saw deer and even got some shots, but nothing to bring home.  From my stand I didn't even see a deer!  Jimmy said that I should have painted my face and hands because the deer probably saw me, but I  don't think so.  After I left my stand that first day because I had been sitting for four and a half hours with a damp and cold behind, Jimmy got up there and saw three does!

Oh well, it was a lovely experience sitting in the trees in the quiet.  Here is a picture of my feet at sixteen feet from the ground.  


The green leaves make up the top of a small tree below.  Do you see the scattering of color on the forest floor?  It looked like a mosaic from the stand, not so much when I climbed down.


Me trying to take a self-photo while hanging on for dear life.  I did become more comfortable as time went on.  It was very scary at first!  Do you like my Primos pink camo and lace cap with the pink LED caplight?  That's my pink Mission Craze bow hanging behind me.  If you look closely you can see a deer trail winding through the woods behind me.


I was trying to show the color of the trees in the woods.  They were changing color and it was just beautiful.  I can only imagine what that forest looks like when it snows, with snow covered branches and snow covering the ground.  

We left my tree stand in the tree for next year.  Yes, we were invited back!  Maybe we will have better luck.  Either way, we will enjoy visiting my sister, brother-in-law, and their four doggies!

Oh, I almost forgot!  How did this relate to thriftiness?  Well, we didn't have to pay for lodging, and they fed us most of our meals.  (I won't mention the $150 non-resident hunting license I had to buy.  My husband had to buy one, too.  That set us back a little. . .)  It was SO worth it!

XOXO





Labels: , , , , , ,