TEACHER TUESDAY: What I Learned Today. . .

When I was teaching and didn't know the answer to a question, my students would say:  "Why don't you know?  You're the teacher!"  That's when I would explain that teachers don't know everything about their subject, but what they do know is how to help you find the answer to your question.  And then I would point out that everyone should be lifetime learners, not just classroom learners.  Sometimes they would ask if I was still learning, and I would tell them that of course I was, and I hoped to never stop!

So, today, on our first day of deer hunting in the woods of southern Indiana, I learned a few things. . .


image from here


You are dying to know if I got a deer today, aren't you?  Well, the answer is NO!  Dang it!  I sat on a wet deer stand for four solid hours until Jimmy came to check on me.  The back of my pants were damp and I was getting colder by the minute so I let him talk me into leaving.  I trekked uphill all the way back to the house, peeled off my damp clothes, and curled up in bed to warm up.

Two hours later, my sister woke me up to tell me that Jimmy needed me to help him find the doe he shot from my deer stand!  I left too early!  Then my brother-in-law rode up in the four-wheeler and asked Jimmy to help him with the eight-point he got!  Yep, I was the only one who left the woods empty-handed today.  At least I got a hot bath and hot supper afterwards.  Lord willing and my muscles aren't complaining too much, I will try again tomorrow. . .

XOXO


Labels: , , ,