Here are some reasons I believe October is the best month of the whole year:
- Halloween--the best excuse to have candy in the house.
- For teachers, the school year isn't new any more and classroom routines have been established.
- For parents, the school year isn't new any more and family routines have been established.
- Grass growth has slowed down considerably, requiring less mowing.
- Temperatures have cooled considerably, requiring less watering.
- Fall festivals, flea markets, and yard sales abound.
- The boots and sweaters can finally come out of storage.
- It's cool enough to sit outside in the evenings without breaking a sweat.
- Archery hunting season!
- Fall foliage is more beautiful to me than spring color.
- Holiday decorating begins--Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
- New fall television programming.
|Pumpkins, mums, and scarecrows!|
I'm sure that is not an exhaustive list, but it should help explain why October rocks. It's almost over, so enjoy!