AT HOME MONDAY: Gobble Holler!

Welcome to my blog today from rainy Gobble Holler, Indiana!  I am visiting my sister in Marengo near where her husband grew up in an area they call Gobble Holler.  This is the country, folks.  In East Texas we think we live in the country, but that ain't country.  THIS is the most country country I have ever seen.  It is some of the most beautiful land I have ever seen as well, with its rolling hills, some rocky hillsides, lush green meadows, and twisty-turny roads.  Even Jimmy said he might choose this area over Colorado.  That's saying something!

Not only are my husband and I visiting my sister and her husband, we are going to do some deer hunting!  Today was the first official day of archery season and guess what?  It rained. It poured.  So no hunting.  Barry and Jimmy did get the deer stands set up.  Brenda and I had no choice but to go thrift store shopping!



image from here

We spent the afternoon shopping in Corydon at Goodwill, the Salvation Army Thrift Store, Big Boy restaurant for lunch, and then Walmart.

On the way back to Brenda's house, the rain began to slow and the deer began to venture out.  I spotted two does together, and a little later a pretty buck!  Just before we reached her house, I spotted another doe grazing behind a barn.  I can't wait for tomorrow!  We have decided to hunt even if it means sitting in the rain!  Now if only I can aim true. . .

XOXO











Labels: , , , , , ,