Thrifty Hunter Thursday: Practice, practice, practice. . .

This is not my target, but similar. (image from here)

 

My husband keeps telling me that I need to practice if I am ever going to get a deer with my bow.  I have been resisting because of the incessant Texas heat, or because I'm not dressed, or because it's the wrong time of day, or because I'm not in the mood, etc., etc., ad nauseum.  But now that our hunting trip to Indiana is only a couple of weeks away, I think I better heed his advice.  (Is it because I don't like being told what to do?  Nah, that couldn't be it. . .Me?  Stubborn?)

So, yesterday I got out with my bow and actually practiced while he was at work.  I wish I had gotten a photo.  I shot at his new Glendel buck target and I am proud to say that not only did I hit the target with all six arrows that I shot, I got 3, yes, THREE, in the heart, 2 in the lung, and 1 just below the lung.  I didn't miss the target!  I had a CLUSTER of arrows in the heart!  Woo hoo! 


Jimmy wasn't around so I "woo hoo-ed" to Lucy, my cat.  She was proud of me.  I could tell because of the tone of her meow.  It got me so pumped that I was going to practice again today, but we got rain.  Yes, we actually got RAIN!  I certainly won't complain about that.  Now, when I practice again, if I miss--and that is a big IF--and if it hits the dirt, there won't be a huge cloud of dust.  The ground is wet.  Perfect.  Perfect rain makes a perfect day after almost perfect practicing.  Yes, perfect!  Indiana, here I come!
xoxo





Labels: , , , , ,