THRIFTY HUNTER THURSDAY: A Case for a Craze

Today my husband persuaded me to go with him to our local archery pro shop.  I agreed if he would allow me to stop at an estate sale on the way home. (We did, but that is another post. . .) Even though I enjoy bowhunting, I quickly run out of things to look at in the male dominated shop.  In all fairness, they are trying to get more things designed especially for women.  The guys at On Target Archery in Canton are a great group of guys and they even have women helping in the shop.


As we entered the shop Jimmy urged me to look at compound bow cases. We are planning a bowhunting trip to my sister's property in Indiana in a few weeks and I need a good case to keep from damaging my bow in the car.  We've been doing some Ebay searching but the cases are either out of our price range or they are gone before we can bid or buy.  One feature we were looking for was a case with inner foam liners on both sides.

Lo and behold, I found the perfect case at the back of the store for my little Mission Craze bow.  It isn't a hard plastic case, but it has enough structure to keep its shape and protect it from whatever gets stacked against it in the cargo area of my SUV.  It features a strong double toggle zipper and a brown canvas-style fabric covering, and the price was right at $42.99.  The only thing I would change about it is the color.  I asked the shopkeeper if he had one in pink.  He laughed goodnaturedly, saying that he had actually tried to get some cases in pink!  Another reason I need to start my own line of women's hunting supplies.


image from here
Does anyone know how to get started in something like that?  I can see it now:  Femme Fatale Hunter Shop & Outfitting.  
In my dreams. . .
xoxo



Labels: , , , ,