AT HOME MONDAY: Book Fest Report

I had great fun on Saturday sitting at a table piled with my books and talking with other authors.  I felt like a REAL writer! And the East Texas Book Fest organizers treated us all like kings and queens, treating us to a tasty continental breakfast with coffee, complimentary bottles of water, box lunches, and complimentary cookies.  

About 40 book authors hosted tables with their books for sale, and there were about ten authors speaking in breakout sessions.  I don't believe the turnout was as high as expected, but people did come out to hear the speakers and look at the books.

My sales were less than last year, and I thought last year was not as good as it should have been!  But times are hard these days and folks just aren't as eager to turn loose of their money.  I am NOT an aggressive salesperson, either, nor do I intend to become one just to sell books.  The greatest reward for me has been actually having my work in print and getting to show it off with other authors.  Not that I wouldn't LOVE for a Hollywood movie studio to pick it up and write a screenplay.  "Night Keeper:  Based on the novel by April Nunn Coker."  Wow.  Cool beans.

That fedora gives me that author air, don'tcha think?
By the way, if you're interested in reading these great undiscovered books, you can order them through Publish America,
Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.  They are also in ebook form.  Or you can go to my website and order discounted autographed copies directly from me.  I gotta get off here now.  The orders are starting to pour in. . .
xoxo



Labels: , , ,