School and hunting season. . .

School started late in August and I haven't had a chance to blog.  Bow season has been open since the first weekend in October.  I have been out twice with hubby and actually sat in a deer stand both times.  It is difficult to sit 12 feet in the air in the dark with a thermos full of coffee and maintain balance.  But I love the sounds of the hour before twilight:  faint rustlings in the leaves, owls hooting to each other, the night sky becoming lighter in teeny increments.  I only burned myself once with my coffee as I poured it from the thermos into the built-in cup.  It's hard to see when it gets full!  I hope deer don't smell coffee.  First and second time out, the only critters I saw were birds and squirrels.  Dang, that deer feeder is loud when it goes off!